MARCH 21ST Meeting
- FABULOUS FIBRE and FABRIC SALE (4Fs)
. .Chair Peggi - gave an enthusiastic update
- Collection and pickup started March 1st
- Members encouraged to take posters and bookmarks for distribution
- Members signed-up for sorting, pricing and packaging workbees
- Core Committee Responsibilities: Chair: Peggi; Secretary: Beth; Treasurer: Lucille;
Publicity: Bibby; Collection organizer: Susan
- Dates of Sale: October 20 and 21, 2017.
- Friday setup with evening sale and Saturday 9:00 - 2:00
- Place: Dublin Street United Church, Guelph
- Items accepted for the sale: fabric, notions, yarn, books related to sewing/ crocheting/knitting and patterns (only for costumes and home decor
"Let's make this another great fundraiser for the Stephen Lewis Foundation! " Lucille
- MARKET updates:
. .Chair Anne - desribed the promise and plans for market sales, especially at Third Age Anniversary Celebration on May 31st with Ilana as the keynote speaker. -
- bubble wand workshops in Royal City Park
- angels, cards, scarves, . . .
1. GRIOTS INVITATION TO WORKBEE, especially to those skilled in arts and crafts
- Make animal tails and masks for new story, "Why Frogs Have No Tail".
Work-bee: Tues.. Jan. 31, 10 until noon.
- Details sent to members by e-mail. (Check e-mail from communications officer or contact Webmaster for information.) CLICK HERE for Griots information.
2. STORYTELLING- Thursday, February 16th at 11:15 am in an elementary school
- Invitation to participate - telling or reading or djembe drumming or show 'N tell
- Details sent to members by e-mail. (Check e-mail from communications officer or contact Webmaster for information.) CLICK HERE for Storytelling information
Regular third Tuesday of the month. Unifor Hall on Silvercreek
9:30 - coffee, muffins , SLF Flash Mob video, Market
10:00 - live music: dulcimers, business meeting
11:15 - break,
11:45 - finger food potluck lunch, singalong
We meet the third Tuesday from Sept to June.
Regular meeting place at Unifor Hall (designated historical schoolhouse)
( 611 Silvercreek Pkwy N., Guelph - just north of Woodlawn)
9:00 to 9:30 - Fellowship: Market, displays (coffee/tea, light refreshments [BYO Mug].
9:30 to 10:00 - Education: our learning time with short break
10:00 to 11:30 - Business: we report, we discuss, we decide, we commit, . . .
11:30 - Meet for restaurant lunch (as able)
Come and See
We are an enthusiastic, friendly group of gogos, ('grandmothers' in Zulu) and GrandOthers
We talk, we listen, we learn, we laugh, and we plan and create ways to help African Grandmothers, who face incredible challenges caring for their orphaned grandchildren. They are our inspiration!
Monthly Meeting (November 2015)
Come and join us!
4Gs group photo at the September 2014 meeting
Photo by Ellyn Peirson
Thank you Guelph artist, Stephen Lewis, for creating this beautiful banner (2008)
Bridge the Gap Event: Summer 2008
Photo of the 4Gs at the Gordon Street Speed River Bridge.
Part of a national campaign, an initiative of the Ottawa Grandmother group.